Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Sometimes...

Sometimes you don't get to choose your exit.  At the moment I can't access my blogs, including this one, on my main computer.  That may be because it is old, and the operating system doesn't support new browsers, and the Google elites don't want to bother with the obsolete.

I'm writing this on my laptop which is nearly as old and may not afford me access for much longer.  I need to get new stuff but I'm otherwise in no hurry.  I could transfer everything to this computer, the links and the photos and the browsing, and continue, more or less as I have been doing, for however long that might last.

But blogs themselves are pretty obsolete, and my recorded readership has been dwindling.  I have these ongoing projects I'm posting here and that's been fun, whether or not anybody is reading.  So I don't know what comes next.  I may have to stop posting for awhile (or I might not, computerworld is weird) and therefore it might be time to stop entirely.

I've snuck in one post  that I wanted to appear here, The Big Denial though not exactly in the form I planned.   So I guess what it comes down to is this: if there aren't any more posts here for a good long while, this is why.

No comments: