Thursday, November 08, 2012

Nuggets and Oddities

The oddity at the moment is that with our ATT DSL I am unable to access any Internet sites not affiliated with Google! I get blogspot blogs, Google news--but none of the sites it connects to.  It's very weird.  Email seems to be working and there's no problem on the line that shows up anywhere I can access.  This has happened before late last month when it was intermittent for about 12 hours.

A good oddity if that's what it is--the hummingbirds have been very present and hungry today--and there are THREE of them.  I still mostly see two at a time but I did see three together.  It does make more sense since one looks younger than the other two, although with hummers who knows.

Now for the nuggets, as the dimensions of the election continue to unfold:

California Democrats attained a super majority in both houses of the state legislature, so together with the passage of Prop 30 (temp tax increase on wealthy and sales tax fraction for education funding, hardest hit in budget crunch), the worst may be over for our once-mighty public education system, including the universities and junior colleges.  A supermajority is necessary to pass any spending bills.

The Romneyryans have conceded Florida, though the votes are not all counted still.

 President Obama continues to increase his popular vote majority as more western votes are counted, Washington primarily I think.

African American votes in this election not only surpassed the number in 2008--in Ohio they were a third more.

The women elected to the Senate in Massachusetts and Wisconsin are the first women from their states to be elected U.S. Senators. 

Now that I think of it, my Internet problems may be caused by the cable TV company because I was within hours of cancelling service.  Now without Internet I am cable news dependent.

No comments: