Wednesday, August 26, 2009

R.I. P. Senator Ted Kennedy



Senator Ted Kennedy, here in a recent photo with his niece, Caroline Kennedy, has died of brain cancer, his family announced early Wednesday. It is doubly sad since he didn't live to lead the fight for health care legislation and see it happen, for it was one of the persistent causes of his life. He was my Senator when I lived in Massachusetts, and I heard him speak several times over the years. I worked on his presidential primary campaign in PA in 1980. Coincidentally, he's quoted extensively from one of the times I heard him, in 1975, in the new posts at Kowincidence. There will be much more said about him today, and many more memories revived. For now, the NY Times obit, and this quote taken from it: Senator Kennedy: "We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will live on in the future we make.”

No comments: